feature request: change dynamic selected channels via midi interface.

Planungen und Wünsche die Entwicklung betreffend
Antworten
dutch_anykey
Leuchtmittelaustauscher

feature request: change dynamic selected channels via midi interface.

Beitrag von dutch_anykey »

Hello Christian,

Still loving the pc-dimmer program. It is still suiting the best possibilities of all current programs out there.

Recently I bought a second hand BCF2000 midi controller. It really comes in handy to be faster with some stuff. Instead of pulling up the right window and have to use the mouse to change the fader position, I can now use used a pre-programmed button/fader on the bcf2000.

However it made me thinking about a possible new feature in PC-Dimmer. I haven’t read so far any post talking about it, but if it was already requested I’m apologizing for this post.

As for the idea:

In PC-dimmer you can select one device (or even more devices via dynamic user interface) and via that you can change the color/dimmer or anything else for this device. I.E. via graphical stage view I can select a device, click right mouse button, and a window will pop up so I can change the parameters.
Wouldn’t it be great if I than can change the parameters also via the midi console! So whenever you select another device, the bcf2000 will also change the faders to the current position and you can make adjustments to the faders and save them in some settings or scenes.
I think what is needed is some special channels that can be programmed/assigned to the bcf2000. So instead of assigning static DMX channels (1-512) there should be some special channels (that I think are already there in PC-dimmer internally for dynamic user interface for instance?) that are dynamic and assigned to the “current selected” devices.

To be a bit technical regarding the midi BCF2000: I think it would require some "new" channels for assigining. Instead of 1-512, introduce channels x1, x2, x3, x4 till about 20 or so. With for instance channel x1 beeing the first channel of the currently selected device.

I hope I was able to understandably describe what is my idea in a few sentences

Kind regards,
Maurice
Ingo
< PC_DIMMER >

Re: feature request: change dynamic selected channels via midi interface.

Beitrag von Ingo »

Hey Maurice,

there are already two ways of doing that:
If you want to change the dimmer value of multiple selected devices, seperately by device, then you can use the option "Transmit brightness value of selected devices to MIDI-device" on the lower right side of the MIDI Settings window. You can assign a number of faders, so if you for instance select four devices, each of the assigned faders will handle the dimmer value of one of the selected devices.

You can also assign different channels (dimmer, r, g, b, ...) of a selected device to faders on your controller. To do that, go to MIDI settings window, add a new event with the green plus button, assign the fader as usual and select "Devices/Groups", "Currently selected device to inputvalue" or "Stageviewdevice to inputvalue". Then you can choose the channel you want to assign. Repeat those steps for all the channel-fader-pairs you want to assign.
If you used "Currently selected device", the faders will now control the devices that are displayed with blue background in the stageview window (select with shift + click). If you used "Stageviewdevice", the faders will control a device that you hover by mouse in the stageview (red background).

I hope that helped you!

Kind regards,
Ingo
dutch_anykey
Leuchtmittelaustauscher

Hi Ingo,

Well what do you know :D It was already there all along haha.
Thank you !, I will give it a try this evening.

br
Maurice
dutch_anykey
Leuchtmittelaustauscher

Hi Ingo,

Works like a charm. Really much easier to change positions on scanners and movingheads when you have to tweak some scenes.

Thank you!

br
Maurice
Antworten