Fragen zur Verwendung des PC_DIMMER
Antworten
dutch_anykey
Leuchtmittelaustauscher

ambilight on second pc with second pcdimmer instance

Beitrag von dutch_anykey »

Hi Chris,

The carnaval season started again ;-)

First let me explain what i'm trying to achieve.
We bought 100 metres of rgb led for our parade wagon. I want these to act on the color changing of the videoscreen via ambilight.
I'm fighting that i miss the option to let it monitor the secondary output. For now i did a test by making the secondary ouput master. It has some disadvantages while opening new windows and so on. But also I noticed the performance droop like you described already somewhere.

Now I'm thinking of using a second laptop for playing video. But also installing pcdimmer on that laptop and let it do ambilight as wel.
Now the question. Is there anyway to have two pcdimmer instances talk with eachother? I.e. Forward dmx channels that i use for ambilight?

kind regards,
Maurice
dutch_anykey
Leuchtmittelaustauscher

Re: ambilight on second pc with second pcdimmer instance

o.k.

I managed to overcome the second problem. I love PC_DIMMER ;-) The solution was already in there.....ARTNET ;-)

O.k. further testing now. I will let you know

kind regards,
Maurice
dutch_anykey
Leuchtmittelaustauscher

Hi,

A little bit further ;-)

I now have a second laptop with pcdimmer that I can control from my first laptop. It's more ideal to work with a second laptop anyway since the beamer is 12 meters away from my first laptop.

at this moment i can remotely control the video's on the second laptop via mediacenter tool. also in the background the ambilight function is working. It sends the data via artnet to the first laptop. So the "primary screen only" limitation is therefore no issue anymore.

Next problem is that i want to be able to start and stop the ambilight. This command is not available in pc-dimmer.
I'm looking to go around it but so far no solution yet. Other then manually change the Data-In mapping each time
Maybe other users have some ideas?

Is it possible to map Data-In to a submaster and be able to fade them in or out on other channels.

Kind regards.
Maurice
dutch_anykey
Leuchtmittelaustauscher

Hallo Cristian.

Third place this year. We are happy. Again not a lot of time to prepare everything. But pc-dimmer worked fine.
This year it was mostly about RGB led strips. And playing video on a beamer. All controlled via pcdimmer via a joystick. (playstation alike). With the buttons I was able to control various lightscenes and jump to different video scenes on the mediaplayer.
No other program can fullfill these actions in my opinion.

Thanks again ;-)

please watch from 12:00 minutes.

br
Maurice
Antworten