laser projection

Fragen zur Verwendung des PC_DIMMER
Antworten
Mixlisfr

laser projection

Beitrag von Mixlisfr »

is there a way to project a gif image or o text from a laser like the laser simulation of dmx control
Christian
PC_DIMMER-Entwickler
Re: laser projection

Beitrag von Christian »

Hi,

sorry, but sorrowly there is no Lasersimulation within PC_DIMMER. If you like, you can connect PC_DIMMER to DMXControl via ArtNET-Connection. Perhaps someone will program and publish a plugin for PC_DIMMER, that can display Lasersimulations like this DMXcontrol-Plugin (MadMaxOne - I guess).

kind regards,
Chris
Mixlisfr

Beitrag von Mixlisfr »

as i saw this is done via the media center so i need only to know if there is a way to send some moving image to the media center so it could after simulate the laser for displaying if its not the case i could write a plugin. By the way pc dimmer is the best program i have ever used to control my lights i think with a bit of effort it could copete the grand ma on pc
Christian
PC_DIMMER-Entwickler

Beitrag von Christian »

Oh, OK. I thought you want a dynamic live effect like a real laser. This is not possible. But if you have some video-files and want to play it this is no problem. For this you can use the PC_DIMMER Mediaserver. You will find it here: c:\Program files\PHOENIXstudios\PC_DIMMER\MediacenterServer.exe.

1) Start this file on the computer where the file should be displayed. It will present a black screen
2) If you are using a firewall, the firewallscreen may be hidden. Press ALT+TAB to switch to this firewall-screen to open the port 10153 (this is the standard-port for the Mediaserver)
3) if you want to change this port press the Windows-Key on the keyboard and rightclick on the Mediaservericon in the systray on the right site of your taskbar. Select "Port einstellen"
4) If everything is OK on this computer go to the "Control"-Computer with PC_DIMMER and create a Mediacenter-Scene within the scenelibrary. Enter IP-Address and Network-Port of the Server and insert the videofile. Enter the filename like "C:\Videotest.mpg" if the file is on the server-harddisk. Enter "\\mycomputer\networkfolder\Videotest.mpg" if the file is on another computer.
5) select the option (Load video) or (Play video) and start this mediacenter-scene.

That's it.

good luck,
Chris
Antworten